The Medical School Excellence Fund
This Fund was established in May 2009 by alumni and friends of the School of Medicine to help maintain the excellence and intimacy of the learning environment in the School of Medicine, attract the best students and faculty, and build on current educational programs.
The fund provide annual discretionary funding for the Dean to invest in emerging academic opportunities and support student-focused priorities in the School of Medicine.
Since inception, the fund has been used to support a variety of initiatives including but not limited to:
- Financial support for the student organized and led Surgical Skills and Technology Elective Program (SSTEP)
- Matching funds for student-financial assistance for medical students
- Multi-year investments in equipment and curriculum in the Clinical Simulation Centre (CSC) located on the 2nd Floor of the new Medical Building
- Funding to support the development of inter-professional education & practise programming in the Faculty
- Support for Global Health Initiatives in the School of Medicine
Thank you for your interest and support. Your gift to the Medical School Excellence Fund will help ensure that the tradition of excellence at Queen’s School of Medicine continues to thrive.