The Queen's Health Sciences Equity, Diversity, Inclusion, Indigeneity, and Accessibility (EDIIA) Fund has been set up to launch and develop governance, policies, and programming that promotes EDIIA Initiatives across the Faculty.
The EDIIA fund will allow the faculty a chance to train more young people from under-represented groups, such as Indigenous and Black Canadians – as health professionals. The funds will initially be used to launch the following programs to improve EDIIA in the faculty.
- Implementation of the QHS EDIIA Action Plan
- Creating new pathways to increase the enrolment of underrepresented groups
- Developing outreach health education programs and mentorship opportunities for underrepresented communities (e.g. high school students and youth)
- Supporting events and opportunities for student-led EDI Initiatives
- Decolonization and diversification of the curriculum
- Skills based training in cultural humility, conflict resolution, human rights, anti-colonialism, anti-racism, and anti-oppression