Commerce 1982: 35th Reunion Class Campaign
In celebration of their 35th Reunion the Class of Commerce 1982 has embarked on an ambitious campaign to raise support for Smith School of Business. Their goal is to have as many classmates participate and make a gift or pledge to any fund at Smith. This is a win-win, you can support your class campaign and also make a gift to any Smith Fund that you are connected with.
Below are some suggested areas that might be of interest to you:
Queen's Centre for Business Venturing:
Your support will encourage entrepreneurship, increase the odds that Queen’s student and alumni entrepreneurs will reach their goals, and teach them the necessary skills of resilience and vision.
- Dare to Dream Internships– Commerce and MBA students can apply for funding to take their business plan from idea to execution upon graduation, allowing them the time to focus full-time on developing their new venture.
“I will forever be grateful for the Dare to Dream Internship. It provided me the resources and capital when I needed it most — just as I was starting out. I’ve since built several other companies on the success and lessons I learned from my first venture.”
Michele Romanow, BSc(Eng)’07, MBA’08
Co-founder, buytopia.ca and SnapSaves (acquired by Groupon)
Commerce Legacy Fund for Student Health and Wellness:
- Providing on-going professional development and training for staff in addressing student mental health, wellness and diversity.
- Ongoing development of workshops for students around mental health, wellness and diversity.
- Increase the availability of 1:1 session with the Smith School of Business Commerce counselor, for Commerce Students.
- The Queen’s University Investment Counsel (QUIC) helps students learn more about financial markets and investing.
- QUIC's team of 25 Queen's Commerce students manage a $700,000 investment portfolio on behalf of the Smith School of Business, striving to outperform the market with managed risk.
- QUIC helps them tap into a vibrant alumni network to develop and nurture career development opportunities in the global finance industry. For more information please visit http://www.quiconline.com/.
Please consider joining your classmates by making a gift today!